HOW WE HELP PRINCIPALS
Accelerating Young Minds (AYM) is designed to help principals have constructive collaboration with teachers and parents and observe in real time how each student is performing in meeting educational goals. AYM is designed to assist the principal in elementary education in the following ways. Being the principal of a school is demanding, but it is also very rewarding. Principals must be diligent, creative and accountable, not just for the teachers and staff, but also for each student’s academic performance. It is not a job for just anyone.
- AYM’s Instructional technology is a viable learning tool for meeting early learning standards for preschoolers and Kindergarteners. It is also an invaluable tool for assisting Elementary students achieve grade level standards at their own pace. To read more visit the Principals and Technology page.
- The feature of real time student performance data on each learning activity allows easy reference to the school performance.
- The principal can see the progress of each student in real time and take pride in seeing students (each student) grow in their intellectual maturity.
- The principal can see how students who are ELL and/or in poverty are growing in their ability to catch up and can/do lose the label of low performers.
- The real time data provided by AYM on academics and a broader base of student development allows principals to establish better communication and assistance with parents and teachers.
- Having the ability to see the history of each child’s performance allows the principal to assist teachers in coming to quality solutions when problems occur.
- AYM recognizes the unfortunate fact that there are many aspects of the principal’s job that are influenced by political policies that continue to change, seemingly annually, and that do not lead to helping students to perform better. With AYM the student learning from real world visuals, cognitive development and the real time performance data attached to each learning activity removes complaints and interference from other parties.
- The academic guidelines in early education are reasonable when it comes to the basic intent for reading and math. No two brains perform or think the same way, however. The academic content in AYM in the early levels matches the needed academic standards; but with a very big difference– the broadened curricula of AYM develops the unique abilities of each individual student and that development is displayed so the principal has a comprehensive understanding of each student’s interests and performance.
HOW WE HELP STUDENTS
AYM programs target individual instruction for students who are struggling with particular topics, providing timely opportunities to assist student when needed most. This easily identifies individual students strengths and instruction interventions that can allow students to continue to progress without being left behind.